Friday, October 25, 2013

So why is this here?



As I exercise parts of my brain I haven't used since College, let me explain a little bit about what I do first.  Yes, I realize that this is a tangent from the topic above, but bare with me here as I calibrate the wheels in my head. 


I am what one would term a software developer (or some such derivative).  My work is performed within a campus of the company named Thomson Reuters (TR).  I emphasize the word within, because the details of my organizational disposition is much more complicated than a simple employee-to-company relationship.  I like to think of my place in the org as working for a company that works for a company that works for consumers, with TR as the parent.  I am grossly over-simplifying here, but such granularity is not yet necessary (and perhaps it never will be).

radiate.aplacetoconnect.com
My current professional identity is that of Java, Spring, and REST.  Namely, I'm a back-end, web-dev guy, as my current project dictates.  The team I work within is however labeled a 'feature' team, which means somehow somewhere I will be working a full stack again.  A stack being from the interactive UI all the way down to the data pumping Hibernate DAO and RESTful Client layers.  Yes, I will again be able to immerse myself within the wild-west of ECMAScript.  So deep, I may never callback (ha).  


In all seriousness, I can feel the cobwebs glossing over my understanding of proper JavaScript design and development, and that was a fickle understanding to begin with.  Luckily, JavaScript has small potential for anti-patterns, right?  But my point here is not to rail on about the caveats of JavaScript, however immature and small-minded my presumptions are.  In all honesty I am excited to dive back in, because JavaScript is where the majority of web-development is and has been going.  Enough about those thoughts though, I will save my posturings for another day (perhaps for when I actually begin developing in JS again rather than pretending to do so). 

So where were we?  Ah yes, why this is here.  Well, I did not ask that question because I had an answer, and even if I did I do not believe it is my duty to answer it.  That responsibility is for you, the reader.  I have free reign to type whatever suits my mood, but you have free reign to navigate back to what actually interests you.  I hope that someday, maybe even today, one of my posts would fit that interest.  So I will leave it at that, and now that the wheels seem to be creaking back to life, I believe that this exercise has served my intended purpose.  If you got something out of it too, well, cool beans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment